Our library is situated on the second floor of our campus. The main library collections support our programmes in Law and Business at undergraduate and post graduate study and dissertation levels. These resources include reference books, eBooks, databases, journals, cases, and videos. Online resources are available 24/7 on or off-campus.
Need help finding something or with your research? Drop by, call or email us: (01)8773921 | firstname.lastname@example.org
While the library remains the hub of research resources and services, there is online access throughout the building via the College wi-fi network, as well as from external locations. Registered students can access the subscribed College databases from work and home.
A full range of academic services is offered to students at the library, and the student’s educational experience is enhanced by a range of research tutorials delivered from the library.
Computer access is available at our Library on the second floor.
Quiet individual study spaces are available throughout the library. Group study spaces are available in empty classrooms from the ground floor up to the third floor of the building.
HOW DO I JOIN THE LIBRARY?
Your student ID card is also your library card. Use it to access the library and borrow books.
FINDING BOOKS, JOURNALS AND MORE
Use the library catalogue at library.independentcolleges.ie to search for books and theses, when you find the book online, you’ll see its call number and collection, this will help you find it in the library.
Current Online Resources:
- VLeBooks: an eBook collection to support courses in Business and Law.
- EBSCO Business Source Premier: Full-text coverage of top business, management and economics journals on topics such as accounting, banking, finance, international business, marketing, sales and more.
- EBSCO eBook Business Collection: Over 17,000 business eBooks on marketing, accounting, finance, personal development, management, human resources, and more.
- EBSCO Regional Business News: US/ Canadian business publications
- Sage Research Methods: A research database featuring 986 book and reference titles, 344 journal articles; 75 exclusive videos; and Project Planner to guides users in planning their research project.
- Thomson Reuters OnePass Westlaw Ireland: Irish Cases, Legislation & Law Journals
- Thomson Reuters OnePass Westlaw UK: UK & International Cases, Legislation & Law Journals
Go to the Information Desk to borrow and return items.
Different borrowing privileges are granted to users based on their enrolment:
- Independent College learners, lecturers, and staff may borrow up to five one-week loans, and two three-day loans at a time.
- International House Dublin staff may borrow up to five one-week loans, and two three-day loans at a time.
- International House Dublin learners may borrow up to two one-week loans.
- CELTA course learners may borrow: two three-day loans and two one-week loans.
- Loans can be renewed twice at library.independentcollege.ie through the Login link in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Theses and reference items cannot be borrowed and must be viewed in the library.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY BOOKS ARE OVERDUE?
Fines are charged on overdue items.
- There is a 50c charge per day overdue. To avoid overdues please renew or return books on time.
- Accounts are frozen when 10 euros in fines are incurred.
BORROWING ITEMS FROM OTHER LIBRARIES
Items that are held in other libraries can sometimes be borrowed. Reserve them via email and remember to include the title, author, publication/publisher.