Admissions Process for International Students
In order to apply for your desired programme, you will need to provide the following documentation to accompany your online application form:
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate or passport
- Original or certified copy of residence permit* (*only if you are resident in an EU state).
- Original or certified copy of school leaving examination certificate OR high school transcripts- including forecast results if final results are not available.
- Original or certified copy of full academic transcript(s) of any third level studies and the proof of the final degree.
- Original or certified copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Original or certified copy of the official translation to English.
English Language Requirements
All applicants whose first language is not English may be required to sit either an IELTS or TOEFL test (or equivalent) at Independent College Dublin. Students applying for a Level 8 programme at the College are required to have achieved the equivalent of the IELTS 6.0 and Level 9 applicants should have the equivalent of an IELTS 6.5.
Each student must complete an interview with a member of the admissions team before acceptance onto an undergraduate or postgraduate programme. Should your documents be acceptable for admission, a member of the admissions team will be in touch with you to schedule a face to face interview at a time that is convenient.
Protection of Enrolled Learners
The Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 requires that all programmes of 3 months or more in duration have in place arrangements for the Protection of Enrolled Learners to ensure learners have the opportunity to complete their programme of study. Independent College has learner protection arrangements in place with respect to enrolled learners on all QQI validated courses and have put in place this arrangement through a partnership with the insurance company Arachas. Details of which are available from our Admissions team.
Proof of Medical Insurance – Travel Insurance will not be accepted. The Health Insurance costs €130 for one-year coverage, with the insurance provider Guard.Me. Payment for insurance can be made to the College account; please add your student number and “Health Insurance” as a reference. Please note that once your payment is confirmed, you will be sent a form to confirm the details required for your medical insurance. Upon completion of this form, we will request your insurance through the Guard.Me platform, which typically takes up to 48 hours for the insurance company to send the policy document. Please allow at least 7 days to get everything done.