Our Social Responsibility
At Independent College, we recognise the important role we play in education and the wider contribution we can make to our local community.
Based in Dublin’s city centre, we work with local schools to offer our third level educational services to local students that may benefit. This includes a place to study after school, grinds support and access to third level programmes through part-scholarship or full scholarship.
Together with our students, we host regular charity fundraising days for good causes and support charities such as https://www.calcuttarun.com/ which has helped countless homeless young people both at home and abroad through the Peter McVerry Trust and The Hope Foundation . This can take the form of a food drive for SVP, a ‘bake off’, coffee morning or fun competitions.
“I have learned to apply taught knowledge for individual and group presentations, multi-disciplinary projects, teamwork, and active involvement in extra activities. For instance, I joined the college charity group. In it, I have met new people and together we gathered to raise funds and collect food for multiples charities like the Red Cross and Peter Mcverry Trust”.
– Luc Mascarelli, BA Business Studies Management Graduate
Special Awards and Recognition
Each year at our Graduation Ceremony, we recognise the outstanding achievements of our Graduates. In particular, we have created two awards, the Barry Halton Award for Law and the Outstanding Student of the Year Award.
We continue to review how we can reduce, reuse and recycle in the interest of the environment.
- We use recyclable tea/coffee cups and plates in the restaurant
- Restaurant customers are encouraged to bring their own cup
- Our lights operate on a sensor monitor, which ensures no lights are left on when the room is unused
- We use a paper merchant for sensitive destruction and recycling of our paper
- Our cardboard and paper are sourced from recycled material
- We regularly review our energy consumption and set targets to reduce our consumption